Okay, I’ll admit it. I’m a sucker for so good marketing. I kept seeing these posts with superfood powdered lattes and eventually I gave in and decided to try it out. So obviously, we already know that their marketing is on point, but what I wanted to know was– is it any good? Read on for my Blume review!
So what is Blume? Well, they’re a company in Vancouver that makes “alternative coffee beverages.” They specialize in vegan, gluten free, dairy free, organic superfood blends that you add a liquid to and bam! Instant, delicious latte.
And it’s super simple! All you do is add a small amount of hot water to a teaspoon of the powder and mix it. Then add either hot or cold mylk (pick your favorite milk— cow milk, almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, etc.), mix a little bit more and enjoy! You can also add in sweeteners like honey, sugar, or maple syrup.
What I’ve tried so far:
So far, everything has been good! You can read my blume review for each individual product I tried below, but here are my overall thoughts.
- Overall, I think the taste is great! You can control how strong or mild you want the flavor to be by adding more or less of the powdered blend.
- It’s super convenient. You just heat some water, dump in powder, blend. Add milk, blend again. Can be hot or cold, depending on your mood. So easy and so quick! I love that you don’t have to wait too long to make it.
- Matcha Coconut Blend
- Tastes like: a more mild matcha flavor (you can still def tell it’s still matcha though) with a hint of coconut.
- Benefits: It’s also a great coffee alternative. I’m trying to wean myself off of coffee in the morning and this has successfully helped me do that.
- Other: Vegan, Sugar Free, Organic
- How I drink it: I really like the way this tastes with oat milk. The creaminess of the oat milk goes really well with the matcha flavor. If I make it with almond milk, I usually add a little bit of a sweetener. But it’s great hot or cold!
- Blue Lavender Blend
- Tastes like: lavender
- Benefits: Per the Blume website, it’s a soothing blend that helps your immune system, calms you down, and assists with sleep thanks to the lavender and blue spirulina (which is also full of antioxidants). Now I don’t know if it’s the blend, the placebo effect, or adulthood, but I sleep like a baby with this blend.
- Other: Vegan, Caffeine Free, Organic
- How I drink it: Great hot or cold, but I prefer to drink it as a warm beverage before I go to bed. I make it with almond milk and add a hint of honey.
- Beetroot Blend
- Tastes like: spices — strong notes of cinnamon with a hint of beet.
- Benefits: Per the Blume website, it’s good for detoxification and reducing your blood pressure (again, I’m not a doctor or a nutritionist, so I cannot comment on the validity of these claims). Plus, it has lots of healthy stuff like antioxidants, nitrates, vitamins, and minerals. I can’t comment on it’s actual effect on the body, but my thought process was: Oh beets are healthy. I like beets. It’s a best seller. Let’s try it!
- Other: Vegan, Caffeine Free, Sugar Free, Organic
- How I drink it: Great hot or cold, but I prefer to drink it cold. I make it with almond milk and add a hint of honey.
So far I’ve really liked the ones I tried and I can’t wait to try more! One comment I do have is sometimes if you add too much or don’t use hot water, it can be somewhat grainy. But really, I think that’s user error as I’m not letting the powder fully dissolve before I drink it. Overall, the blends are quick, convenient, and delicious.
Also, the possibilities are endless. I’ve only tried them as lattes, but they also send out a little booklet of recipes so you can use the blends in food! Stay tuned for more experiments with my Blume blends. Plus, Blume just released their seasonal Pumpkin Spice blend (hello fall!) and I’ve definitely got my eye on the Reishi Cocoa blend and their Rose London Fog blend. Check it out!
I hope this Blume review was helpful! Iff you have any more questions, check out their site! They have an excellent FAQ page as well.
Have you tried Blume? What’s your favorite flavor?