If you’re anything like me (working in a corporate job, trying to balance work and hobbies and still hang out with friends and family), you’re busy. But you also know how important it is to look and feel your best even though it can sometimes feel like who has the time for that? Well lately I’ve been trying out a few high maintenance things to be more low maintenance and one of those things was a Brazilian Blowout!
I was seriously blown away by the results. If you’re not familiar with this treatment, it’s a popular hair smoothing treatment that’s designed to make your hair smoother (no frizz!), shinier, and more manageable. But is it worth the cost? In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what a Brazilian Blowout is, what it does to your hair, how long it lasts, the pros and cons, and whether it’s worth your time and money.
- What is a Brazilian Blowout?
- What are the Cons of a Brazilian Blowout?
- Dos and Don’ts After a Brazilian Blowout
- TLDR: Are Brazilian Blowouts Worth It?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you choose to buy something, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.
What is a Brazilian Blowout?
So, what exactly is a it? Brazilian Blowouts are a type of semi-permanent treatment that is designed to smooth out frizz and flyaways. Here are some key points about Brazilian Blowouts:
- They can last up to 12 weeks.
- They’re suitable for all hair types, including curly, frizzy, and damaged hair.
- Double check with your hairdresser if you have any concerns!
- They use a protein called keratin that is naturally found in hair to smooth and strengthen the hair.
What are some of the benefits of a Brazilian Blowout?
- Brazilian Blowouts can make your hair smoother and easier to style or even make it look like you already styled your hair when you haven’t even touched it. #Iwokeuplikethis
- They can also significantly reduce frizz and flyaways, leaving your hair looking sleek and polished.
- The keratin used in Brazilian Blowouts can help repair and strengthen damaged hair, making it healthier over time.
How Long Does a Brazilian Blowout Last?
Brazilian Blowouts are a semi-permanent hair treatment, which means they don’t last forever. How you take care of it can also affect how long it lasts. Here’s what you need to know about the longevity of a Brazilian Blowout:
- They typically last between 8 and 12 weeks, depending on how often you wash your hair and your hair type.
- They require some maintenance, such as using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and avoiding excessive heat styling.
- The effects of the treatment will gradually fade over time, but they won’t disappear overnight.
My Before and After Photos
Let’s be real. In order to know whether or not it’s worth it, you want to see photos. After all, a picture is worth 1,000 words!
What are the Cons of a Brazilian Blowout?
Like any hair treatment, Brazilian Blowouts have their downsides. Here are some of the potential cons:
- Cost: Brazilian Blowouts can be expensive, with prices ranging from $200 to $500 depending on the salon and location. But, you might be able to find a deal on Groupon! If you do, make sure you read the reviews.
- Time commitment: The treatment can take up to a few hours to complete, so you’ll need to make sure you’ll be available.
- Health risks: Some people may be sensitive to the chemicals used in Brazilian Blowouts, which can cause scalp irritation and other health problems.
- Maintenance: You might need to use special products and avoid certain activities to best maintain your results.
What is the Average Cost of a Brazilian Blowout?
As I mentioned earlier, the cost of a Brazilian Blowout can vary dramatically. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $500. While this may seem like a steep price to pay for a hair treatment, a lot of people find it to be a worthwhile investment in their appearance and self-confidence. I personally enjoyed that it cut down on my time getting ready in the morning.
Will My Hair Go Back to Normal After a Brazilian Blowout?
The effects of your Brazilian Blowout will gradually fade over time, and your hair will start to return to its natural texture. However, the length of time it takes for your hair to return to its natural state will depend on how often you wash your hair and your hair type.
Dos and Don’ts After a Brazilian Blowout
If you decide to get a Brazilian Blowout, there are some dos and don’ts you should pay attention to in order to maintain the results and protect your hair. Here are some tips:
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to avoid stripping the keratin from your hair. My hair stylist recommended these:
- Avoid excessive heat styling, as this can cause damage and reduce the longevity of your treatment.
- Use a heat protectant spray before using hot tools to style your hair.
- Don’t use any hair products that contain sulfates, as these can strip the keratin from your hair.
TLDR: Are Brazilian Blowouts Worth It?
So, are they worth the cost and time commitment? Ultimately, the answer to this question depends on your personal preferences and priorities. However, I loved my Brazilian Blowout and will definitely be getting another! If you’re considering getting one, just be sure to do your research and choose a reputable salon that uses safe, high-quality products and has experience with this type of treatment.
With the right care and maintenance, a Brazilian Blowout can help you look and feel your best. If you’re interested in other high maintenance things you can do to be low maintenance, check out my blog post on cosmetic acupuncture. But either way, you’ve got this!